Keep your co-pilot happy & safe during your trip.
1. Bring along a sturdy leash and collar with ID tags. Make sure you have their license and proof of rabies vaccination handy.
2. While you're driving, keep your dog in a crate or use a harness that attaches to the seat belt to make sure they're safe. Keep cats safe and secure in a carrier while in the car.
3. Never leave your pet alone in a closed car, especially during the summertime when cars reach dangerously hot temps fast. If you need to step out of the car with your pet, make sure a family member or friend can keep them company.
4. Make sure your pet has fresh water to drink.
5. Pit Stop! Plan ahead for extra stops for potty breaks and exercise time. Always be sure to bring along waste bags to clean up after your dog.
Tips provided by Pet Supplies Plus